“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Friday, December 26, 2008

This year, our family was fortunate enough to see luminaries. Can you imagine brown paper sacks, a candle stabilized in sand and then they are placed on sidewalks outside? About five blocks of houses were participating in this event. When we drove up the road, it was hard to see all the lights because of the high banks of snow. When the car was turned around and went back down the hill, then we could see all the luminaries all at once. It looked like a runway for Santa Claus to land his sleigh. It was magical! What a way to end Christmas Eve.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that would have been a beautiful site! I had some luminaries once..and I don't believe I ever used them. They were bags that had snowflake cutouts on them and they'd have been wonderful to use! Dang it, I will have to look for them! Hope you had a magical Christmas! Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, When I was a child living in Albuquerque, New Mexico, I remember luminaries would be on top of homes, fences, garages. This sight near our house here in Illinois reminded me of the old, old days. I did have a magical Christmas. I hope you did too.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete