“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ladies Day Out

A good friend of mine named Margaret and I went on a culinary tour of Polish cuisine today.  We stopped in many delicatessens along Milwaukee Avenue in Chicago, Illinois.    I brought home kolackies, krullers, almond coffee cake and Chalka raisin bread.    Sampling will start with some hot coffee later tonight with my husband, John and continuing until it is all gone.  

The most fun was picking out pickles from a very tall white plastic pickle barrel; getting home and giving this treasure to my youngest son named Norm.   He was so excited.   Giving a gift to someone else brings me pleasure.  I love to see the twinkle in the receivers eyes.  

So that was my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment