“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I remember one summer at the cabin, everyone was asleep but me. I decided to go down to the dock, lie down in the boat and watch the stars. It was clear sky and peaceful. I saw shooting stars, the milky way, the big and little dipper. The boat rocked back and forth. After awhile I turned on the flashlight and walked up the stairs and then encountered a raccoon family. We each stopped, looked at each other and then walked going our separate ways. I chose to go inside and sleep. Perhaps the raccoons were going for a swim?

Many cabins nearby have flood lights. Pretty soon, I will not be able to see the stars because of all the lights down here on earth.

Click here to see what Tekapo, New Zealand is doing: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_new_zealand_embracing_the_dark

No comments:

Post a Comment