“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Season 4 Episode #13

Why is posting for Skywatch Friday so important to me? Perhaps skywatching became a passion for me while visiting the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, California. I remember walking up steep metal stairs to view a planet through a telescope there. I actually saw the rings around Saturn. Perhaps that is when skywatching became a passion for me.

If you would like information regarding the Griffith Observatory click here: http://www.griffithobs.org/.

Here is a photograph of a winding road with trees like fireworks each tree was trying to be prettier than the next. This glorious view was taken on Highway 70 in the Hayward Lakes Area in the state of Wisconsin. Nature always surprises me.



This post may be late: but I did meet my goal of posting a skywatch shot this week. Better late than never. Thanks to the skywatch team who are Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy and Sylvia. Click here: http://skyley.blogspot.com/ if you would like to participate or view other sites who have posted skies from all over the world. See you next time.

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely fall shot! Happy Skywatching and, you're right, it does become a passion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me wonder where that road is leading! Lovely shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful scene! thank you for sharing your corner of the world:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also loved my Griffith visit and it was such a lovely experience to see the full moon. Thanks for the visit Joyce and as always, happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete