“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Friday, June 14, 2019

Friday, June 14, 2019 - SkyWatch Friday - Evanston Lighthouse #IMG3097B - Quote - John Milton - Awe




Greetings and Salutations!





It has been raining a lot here in the Chicagoland area.  One can count on our two hands the few sunny days with blue skies, but here I have posted one day. This moment, I am grateful to be able to pick up one foot, put it down and then pick up the other foot and put it down.  I am grateful that I can breathe the fresh air after spending a long cold winter inside a heated home.  I am grateful for the lighthouse still standing in Evanston, Illinois.

Last year's footprints have been erased by the lake's ebb and flow but here are the new footprints left behind on this sandy beach.  One comes.  One goes.   Do you have a permit?  No.  May I walk the beach take some pictures?  Okay for five minutes.  That is all I have.  Five minutes of solitude now that it is Spring. When the snow covers the sand, and the ice forms on the beach one may forget to count how many moments of solitude that one requires to take on the world of chaos.

I head home after capturing awe one more time.  And so it is.

Evanston Light House
Photo #IMG3097B

Quote:

"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world."
~ John Milton

18 comments:

  1. Solitude can be hard to find, but so worth the search! Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solitude is a priceless state. It gives me that feeling even I'm at the office desk just by immersing myself on your photo! Lovely!

    Stevenson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful for your gratitude and that awesome sky shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image and lovely quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The older I get the more I realize that gratitude is key to lots of things.
    I love your lighthouse on the hill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like lighthouses. It is so important to be grateful in the little things we tend to take for granted. Good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nicely captured,the sky seems to be yawning(blue area)

    ReplyDelete