“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

5/23 Outdoor Wednesday #176



If you would like to participate or view posts with an Outdoor Theme click here:  http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/.   Thank you Susan for being the hostess.



Every Spring I anxiously await to view a carpet of white trilliums in the Forest Preserve, Skokie, Illinois.  The wonder of it all is these flowers grow right near a very busy intersection with a stop and go light and yet these trilliums quietly flower and then disappear for another year.   I stand in awe of their beauty.   Then after I catch my breath, I turn on the camera and record what is seen.

Need more information about trillium click here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trillium.

So glad you visited.   Come back next week if you have time.    Meanwhile, take care.  Aloha!

7 comments:

  1. ...and I bet to see them in real time, live and in person, they're stupendous. Gorgeous image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived up in the area of Skokie for a few years and don't know the Forest Preserve. How neat that you go each year to see that flowering plant... thanks so much for your visit to my blog and your very sweet words.
    I love my habitat and you will not believe how many critters we have back there.. in fact at night I don't go off my deck for fear of some..haha
    Thanks again
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I know these flowers but I am going to google and see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photo with rich colors and lights in B & W. Delicious flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Quirky Vistas to check out our Salty Sea Hour. In answer to your question, I'd have to say I'm rarely one or the other of anything but I am pretty much one who is inspired by things and find myself in awe of them. But then we try to get out there and enjoy those wondrous things too. Usually it's time and money that get in the way, so we aim for experiencing what we can and wondering at those which we aren't in a position necessarily to experience. Thanks so much for coming by and leaving me such a thoughtful note. So sweet.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. Love the image. Great B and W.

    ReplyDelete