“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - Skywatch Friday - Uncle Sam Edition


Howdy Folks!   If you would like to view skies from all over the world click here: http://skyley.blogspot.com/.  
Our Skywatch Friday hosts are:  Yogi, Sylvia, and Sandy.




I walked on snow layered with ice and the wind blew my hood off and my hair covered my eyes but I still captured these sunset photographs.   I walked back to my car alone.   I was afraid I would fall and no one would find me for days.   I was lucky that I had a cell phone with me.   I was lucky my car would start because it was so cold.  I am blessed.

15 comments:

  1. Lots to be thankful for, including these beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots. I can empathise with your fears - during my recent exchange on Vancouver Island I got caught in an unexpected snow storm while driving; the windscreen wipers couldn't budge the snow and the car started to slide on the ice (there had been no mention of snow in the forecast, only strong winds and rain!). You may well imagine how fiercely I was praying for somewhere to pull over without ending up in the deep ditches roadside or hitting an oncoming vehicle! Thanks for sharing your pics and story and for dropping by my blog. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sunset! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are safe and your car started. The views are exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were safe! Lovely sunset captures. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing more beautiful to me than colorful skies and snow. I'm glad you captured these shots but more than that I'm glad you made it safely to your car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love sunset and snow - lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great winter scenes - not the kind of things I see here!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sky! I don't think I have ever seen the sky in my part of the world behaving like that! Exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for braving the elements to bring us these skies. and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely sunset pics, glad you survived to show them. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete