“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Friday, March 6, 2015

3/6/2015 - Skywatch Friday - Sky and Lake Michigan



Howdy Folks!   If you would like to view skies from all over the world click here: http://skyley.blogspot.com/.   Our SkyWatch Friday hosts are:  Yogi, Sylvia and Sandy.



Greetings and Salutations from Illinois!    It is very cold here.  This A.M. it was 8 above zero then later on it warmed up into the 20s.   At the beach it is windy, the waves are frozen into hills and when I squat to take a photograph a strange dog comes by and licks my face and jumps all around me.  I noticed a lot of ice everywhere I was walking and so tensed up but continued my shoot.   Patience helps.   Along came a person to walk along the sandy section of the beach and that is when I snapped this shot.   Sky is almost the same color as the snow and ice on the shoreline and then there is a section of blue exposed gently in the corner. Tomorrow it is suppose to reach temperatures in the 30s.   I can hardly wait to experience the ice melting on the sidewalks, alleys and streets.   Some malls have snow piled up in their parking lots so high I wonder if the snow will ever melt; but of course, it will.



4 comments:

  1. such a beautiful reflection on the cold mood of the day. loved that: "Patience helps". have a lovely sky week and may the snow melt soon~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desolate, but pretty in its own way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An icy beach is cold - but very pretty .

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks cold but, still very pretty. I always enjoy a day at the beach.. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete