“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Monday, June 22, 2020

Monday, June 22, 2020 - Thinking Outside the Box - Cog Railroad Climbing Mt. Washington, White Mountains of New Hampshire #05201806222020 - Quote - Ralph Ellison - People Refuse to See Me


Greetings and Salutations!






Image #05201806222020 - Cog Railroad Climbing Mt. Washington, White Mountains of New Hampshire

Quote:

"I am an invisible man.  I am a man of substance, of flesh and bone, fiber and liquids - and I might even be said to possess a mind.  I am invisible, understand, simply because people refuse to see me."
~ Ralph Ellison

This quote I can relate too.  I am invisible because I am a  woman.  I am invisible because I am a man.  I am invisible because I am a child, teenager, college student, elderly. I am invisible because I am handicapped.  I am invisible because I am blind.   I am invisible because I am deaf. I am invisible because I am Jewish, Muslim, Sufi, Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran.  I am invisible because I am Black, Spanish, American Indian, Oriental, Italian, German, Irish. I am invisible because I am poor, middle class, rich.  I am invisible because I am a veteran. Ralph Ellison has a simple answer to all this hate it is "people refuse to see me."





4 comments:

  1. The photo, the quote, and the text all work together. A lesson here for all of us. I am hoping that we are getting somewhere as a nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I wish all of us can learn how our differences brings us closer and truly the same as different as we all are. If we get to accept that, and that we are all equally different, we'll learn to understand each other more. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete