“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

12/30/2009 Outdoor Wednesday #51

Happy New Year from our house to your house.


John, my husband, and I were in Florida recently and decided to visit Florida Southern College, Lakeland http://www.flsouthern.edu/. Scroll down the page and then click on Frank Lloyd Wright. While on our own self guided tour of the Frank Lloyd Wright buildings, I couldn't help but notice the fluorescent lighting which is posted below.

Photograph One: Fluorescent lighting, Florida Southern College, Lakeland, Florida, December 2009.


Photograph Two: Fluorescent lighting, Florida Southern College, Lakeland, Florida, December, 2009.


Photograph Three: Fluorescent lighting, Florida Southern College, Lakeland, Florida, December, 2009.

Photograph Four: Fluorescent lighting, Florida Southern College, Lakeland, Florida, December 2009.
Check out other blogs who posted on Outdoor Wednesday by clicking here: http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/.
I would like to thank Susan for being our hostess.



16 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an interesting tour while in Florida! Those light are very mesmerizing! All the best to you for a Happy New Year! Sherri : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting composition this fluorescent lighting, very artistic.
    Harry New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool images of the light. Great photos, your tour sounds great. Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been a great trip in Florida,
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots of the fluorescent lighting. Looks like you had a great time visiting the place.

    Happy New year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos! I hope you enjoyed your visit to Florida and that the weather cooperated. It's been hot one day and cold the next, so hopefully you caught a few rays while you were here.

    Another blogger did a post of these buildings recently and yours was the icing on the cake.

    I need to go see them for myself, I have a friend in Lakeland, so hopefully soon.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very different and interesting blog for today. I would have never thought of doing one on fluorescent lights. Great job. Happy you visited and left me a comment. Did you notice on the tip of that rock is red leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always try to remind myself to look up and behind me when I'm out and about taking photos!!
    Happy New Year to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice series of capturing light.

    Thank you for including the link about Frank Lloyd Wright and his impact on Florida Southern College. I knew he had extensive architecture in the Midwest and Arizona, but had never heard about the FSC.

    Thanks, too, for visiting my blog. Happy New Year to you and yours! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My 2010 be filled with beauty and blessings for you and yours. hugs, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've never paid attention to fluorescent lighting before.:p interesting shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool, interesting shots! Happy New Year! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed the trip to Florida via your photos...There is a Frank Lloyd Wright home in our town. Everything is triangular!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing what you might see if you look up! I'll have to remember that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Florescent lighting is unusual isn't it? Now with energy saving lighting all the rage I wonder if it will eventually disappear?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete