“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Monday, January 18, 2016

1/18/2016 - Thinking Outside the Box - Ode to Joy




Ode to Joy

My husband and I were driving back from Des Plaines, Illinois heading toward Lake Michigan which is East. When all of a sudden, I saw this brick building.  I asked my husband, John, to STOP and park please.   I got out my camera phone and then walked around the abandoned restaurant shooting helter skelter.  I used the lens by squatting, then standing on my tip toes, and just trying to see what is unseen to me and to the camera. Upstairs was an apartment building in use.  It was very cold out but I did the shoot anyways.

Hidden among the bricks and mortor and wooden frames was this gem.  I see an eye.  I see a mouth.  I see a nose.   Yes, I even see a forehead and cheeks and a chin.  I call it Ode to Joy.  Photography to me is magical.

What do you see?


No comments:

Post a Comment