“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1/20/2010 Outdoor Wednesday - #54



Click here if you would like to participate or see other blogs who have posted Outdoor Wednesday images: http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/.
Thank you Susan for being our hostess each week.

Last week-end, this area was experiencing snow and ice on roads plus temperatures dropping below freezing making traffic move even slower. I located this sign on a backroad by the Wheeling Water storage tank. I couldn't resist taking this shot to post for Outdoor Wednesday.


This girl stands knee deep in snow holding a blackboard saying "Drive Slow." I just love her red dress with white dots.

This is a close up. Notice her red bow in her hair and her white bow tied around her neck. Her hairstyle is simply charming. Her face speaks volumes.

15 comments:

  1. I think we should chip in a $ to buy the sweet thing a winter coat!!

    My Wednesday post & sketch can be found HERE. I invite you to stop by for a visit if you can find time in your busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just precious!! It's old signs like this that I'd love to collect.
    Thanks for a great Outdoor post...
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute picture. You did a great job featuring it today. Happy to have you drop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder why they pick a picture of a little girl with a short dress for snowy sign?

    Snow no More for Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post. That sign is so cute that I would pay attention more than an ordinary street sign.

    Kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, put a coat on that girl. How cute and retro.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun find this week ... she definitely needs a coat in this weather!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  8. She does look frightened, doesn't she! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great sign but yes brrr with her bare legs in the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great photo. She does, however, need a winter coat :-). Have a great Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I agree..she needs a winter coat.. cute sign.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Joyce, I love the sign and the snow picture. I agree the girl is very cute and her expression speaks volumes for sure.

    I also looked at your snow woman in her pink hair. That made me laugh. Very clever.

    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this ! Great Pic! The girl has a vintage look , But she looks ill dressed for the snow , they should paint her a coat on for the winter. lol
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  14. She looks worried for good reason! Some people don't use the best of sense behind the wheel

    ReplyDelete