“All images, copyright of the photographer and may not be used in ANY form without express WRITTEN permission from the photographer.”

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Season 4 Episode 26



Thanks to the skywatch team who are: Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy, Louise, and Sylvia for all your hard work in making SkyWatch Friday possible.



Howdy Folks! This is my first image posted for Skywatch Friday in January, 2010.
Recently, my husband and I were on a mission at Home Depot, Middleburg, Florida. John went inside the store to find a paddle for testing series mini-lights. The paddle is used to figure out why certain lights on the string of Christmas lights would not go on. Meanwhile, I stayed outside to do a bit of shooting with the camera. My camera is always with me. Out in the large parking lot, I found these landscaping tools: shovels and rakes reaching for the sky. I thought now that is a mighty interesting and different shot even if it is a gray day.
John didn't find what he needed. So, off to Ace Hardware in Middleburg, Florida. Ace was just down the road from Home Depot. Luckily, Ace Hardware had more than two testers in stock. We purchased the paddle and went back to Orange Park near the St. John's River where we were staying with long-time friends for awhile in December, 2009.
Happy New Year from my blog to your blog.
What I learned on this trip: Write down towns, dates, time of day, name of places visited.

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful shot, Joyce! You have an amazing eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun photo! - Those are dark gray skies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have quite an eye in a most unusual place for a photo! And, what a grand photo it is! The dark gray sky contrasts so nicely with the tools!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very intriguing shot. I really like unusual photos like this, so unexpected and so interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your header with the sun trying to expose itself. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often sit outside the Tractor Supply store when my Hubs go inside so I've been in your shoes. I usually shoot the sky. :)
    A nice shot was captured while you waited.
    Great advice you've given about writing down facts - I always kick myself later if I can't remember where I took a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not the usual Skywatch shot--I like your eye! Thank you for sharing, and for visiting my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. differente sky...But I feel very nice cause that show to us that we are differents, dont u agree?
    thank u for your comment.
    Have a nice weekend, dearest


    Ia dded a translator to my blog, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good one. Never run out of subject to frame if you have an eye for one. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gray skies and textures of the tools...great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fun photo.
    A little diffrent than usual.Thats great.I like it.

    Have a nice weekend
    Gunilla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Intriguing shot on a grey day with an entertaining anecdote as well. Of course MY skies are considerably warmer at Small Reflections.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous shot. You have the "eye".

    ReplyDelete